Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Liberty Belle is an Ebook





Liberty Belle on Amazon!

I managed to get the ebook up. Still have the print version to do. Shouldn't take long.

SO, what did I do?

One thing for sure is there is an information overload on putting a book on Kindle.

I may have gone through some extra steps. Not really sure.

Here are the steps I went through.

  1. Download the free book on Kindle on how to build a kindle book. This is the book I followed to get Liberty Belle safely in the Kindle.
  2. But before I did that - I nuked my manuscript. That is I hit the show/hide paragraph symbol and found all the extra spaces. I used JW Manus blog and her wonderful ebook helps
  3. Sent my manuscript to Notepad - that is the nuking part.
  4. Then followed the kindle book builder  Publish on Amazon
  5. For the cover, after much anguish and wondering just what were they talking about, I chose the large 72 DPI and used it. But first went into Ipiccy to resize the photo. And did what the book said and made the long side 2500 pixels. Don't ask me, but it worked.
  6. Then Kindle has a cool previewer. DO NOT worry that your sentences go from one end to the other without any edge. IT will look fine on the real kindle. Had to ask a friend about that one. Thought I had messed it up for sure.
  7. Now, I am reading thru on my kindle and marking any goofs in the manuscript I see and will fix the Print version manuscript before I upload it.
There you have it. Wasn't hard. 

2 comments:

  1. Does this work on a MAC or should I use my PC? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have PC, but I know they had instructions for MAC too

    ReplyDelete